PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QANTAS thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 07:29
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bands Pay

Before a single ballot paper was issued nearly 3 yrs ago for EBA6 in long haul, the then officials led by Greg Broome Troy Warner and Johanna Brem were told of the bands pay deal in short haul from the floor of a meeting at the rowers club,

That meeting requested the then officials to go back to the company and have it rectified before the agreement was voted on. They were unable to get the company to change their position.

MM did issue a letter in early 2004 and indicated as been published here that he would attempt to overturn it as well.

i guess at the end of the day it's almost impossible to unscramble an omellette. I think what he was able to do was remove the Clause in the Long Haul EBA that would have resulted in a pay cut for all of us ( Pay Equalisation) and also get a cap reintroduced when the previous officials had negotiated the removal of a cap altogther.

i think the challenge of getting something overturned in the short haul eba was not only too ambitious for long haul faaa but now its seems too hard for even the short haul to reverse it even with a great deal of pressure from within their own ranks from ex long haul crew.

Our real concern here is the imminent start up of Jetstar International