PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 15:24
new tomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get a few things straight real quick. Okay! Don't put down any pilot because of the financial state of the company. It is not anyones fault (except the mangers) that a company goes into bankruptcy and at the same time you are not someone special because your company makes almost a billion dollars in profits. If you want to dive deeper look at the reasons why your company is succesful but that is a later post if you want to go that route.
Secondly I never said that I went to a job fair in ATL just that I heard that Emirates was there and someone else back up that asertion. Talk to the people that were there. I do know that Emirates was in DFW maybe 10 days or so ago but don't hold me to the dates.
Also I never said that I would not interview just that I would not take the job IF offered. It was offered and I turned it down.
In addition I am glad that you know what we make. Keep in mind that amount is now over a 50% paycut as well as numerous work rule changes with a frozen A fund. You start out somewhere around $7500 which I fully realize is tax free with a villa. Even our bottom captain earns at least $145,000. The only reason the offer was competive was that Emirates was giving a significant amount above your minimum.
I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.