PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Do The Admin Branch Stand In Our Way?
Old 5th Feb 2006, 20:11
Mike Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Bother?

Originally Posted by Well Travelled Nav
Next week I have to go and collect some valuable items for my Boss from another RAF base as I do not trust the RAF supply system not to break the items.

However, I inquired what hoops I had to jump through to get the Official Duty Rate (ODR) since I assumed my task was DUTY !!

Apparently all ODR claims on my station have to be approved by OC ADMIN who apparently has only ever approved 1 previous ODR claim in his entire career (Proud Statement ?).

The Hoops
1. My vehicle must be appropriately insured.
2. In the future my vehicle could be used in lieu of service transport
(What a rule invented by someone just to stop people bothering to claim what is rightfully theirs!!)

Now I’m sure MP’s and Civil Servants do not have so many handbrakes when they are claiming duty mileage.

Why is it that Admin are always standing in the way?

Add this to why people are hacked off.

RANT OFF
WTN
I'm new to this site, so forgive the late input to this discussion thread.

Why bother with MT, Travel Claims..., Insurance etc. etc. Call FedEx.., they will uplift from RAF XXX and deliver next day to RAF YYYY. The goods will be insured, and you can track the consignment fom start to finish. It will cost a lot less than your time, (unless that is you are not gainfully employed in your current role...,) You will also save on the cost of MT, fuel, insurance etc. and any other costs associated with moving the items. Send the bill to OC Supply, and explain why you incurred the costs in the first place e.g. you can't trust the current supply/distribution system! No.., I am not employed by a freight forwarding company...!

Best of luck!