PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tell me this isn't true?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2006, 09:42
RTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJJP, you are absolutley right. The Staish should get that picture back up on the wall asap. There are high feelings running here and not without cause, it matters not one iota that some of them are unashamedly homeland based in their views, which is as natural as anyone being born with one coloured skin or another and with the birthright they are entitled to.

Immigrants who have been given the right to live here must accept, like it or not, that our country is our country and we, for the most part, like it the way it is. If they don't like it or us they have the answer in their own hands. But they have to know that that answer is not to tell us what is right or wrong with our culture and our history. Especially our history.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR SOLDIERS SAILORS AND AIRMEN WHO DIED, OR TOOK PART IN TWO WORLD WARS, HAS A RIGHT TO EXPECT RESPECT AND OUR OUR UNDYING MEMORY OF WHAT THEY DID FOR US. It is not negotiable.

Leave our history alone. I like it and I want it kept for for my grandchildren and their grandchildren - to be proud of the country of their birth. Others may indulge also but with respect, since many of these unselfish warriors could possibly be from their own countries. That needs some thought.

Then FJJP said this:

It won't be too long before there is a PC backlash [I believe it is starting already] in this country. People in my local pub are sick to death of it, as are many of the minorities who are being tarred with the same 'complaining brigade' brush.
Get that picture back where it belongs. Tell the 'airman' who thought it was discrimination to get real - and to get stuffed. Enough is enough!