PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals
Thread: Capped Actuals
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 18:49
comedyjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears to me that the people at the rear are saving pennies but losing millions. As more and more "good ideas" come in, the benefits of remaining in the Service doing a job I love are decreasing every year.

The hypocrisy of it all is baffling. We are expected to do what we are told, go where we are told and achieve the aim but not spend money in the process. I look at other Public services such as the NHS which despite injections of billions of pounds is running up huge debts and think that pound for pound this countrys armed forces give the best value for money.

Unfortunately the people at the top |(not necessarily in uniform) and the Treasury see UKAF as an easy target for savings. We have no proper voice with which to object or voice our concerns. The Prime Minister, despite warnings in the media continues to send more and more people away on Operations stretching already stretched resources but seems unwilling to fund these deployments.

I believe that the next 5 years are probably some of the most important years for the Armed Forces in recent memory. If not properly managed/funded/resourced, the Country could end up with a poorly equiped, under manned and badly supported military, unable to contribute to the world stability.

I know this is a thread about JPA but it is all related morale. Don't get me wrong I love my job but sometimes you feel like you are banging your head against a wall.