PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth the £11,000 risk at 40?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 17:50
blueplume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, at the age of forty a. you probably don't much like being called dude , b. unless you just killed your wife and buried her in the back yard and need something to occupy your mind so you don't talk about it the pub of an evening I suggest that the last thing you want is the hassle and major change in your life that comes with commercial flying. If you do decide to go for it you might be very happy flying Twin Otters or something similarly small that you can "specialize" with to keep you in one place with a good lifestyle e.g. New Zealand, Caribbean. If you choose the long haul BS that's what it will probably be: unless you're very, very lucky or well connected and get a job quickly you'll slide (un)gracefully into poverty and bedsit land until you lose your medical at 60/65 without a pot to piss in. I don't want to put you off but you did ask for real opinions. What I'm saying is that it can just as easily go that way as the other (see previous replies, all of which are valid outcomes and entirely possible.) Many people are not prepared for the flip side of the coin.
Remember, there are no guarantees with any of it.
Add 3 weeks & 30% to everything, it very rarely happens in minimum time and cost.