PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tell me this isn't true?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 15:40
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me this isn't true?

Evening all,
Last night I had a very pleasant evening in the new mess at Scampton and, whilst having a beer in the bar with a friend, I asked him where the famous painting of Guy Gibson and his dog had gone.
I was horrified to hear that it had been removed from public view because the dog's name had caused offence!
You will understand my utter dismay when I was told that the complainant was not a civilian at all, but a serving airman!
Apparantly the said chap is one of our ethnic minority brethrin, and virtually 'demanded' that the picture be removed as the 4-legged animals name in the title was 'offensive' to him.
Despite my pleadings and persistance, my friend and others in the mess would not confess to it being a wind up.

If this is anything other than a wind up, then the person responsible needs to be taken to one side and have a few lessons in RAF history firmly inscribed in his brain. Likewise, the mess manager et al should be ashamed for allowing an individual to belittle the course of history, and get the picture reinstated pronto!

If it is a wind up, then I shall take myself off and have a good talking to myself, before I enter into a session of self mutilation!

Please tell me this isn't true.....................is it?

Kind regards to all
TSM