PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kabul Minima
Thread: Kabul Minima
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 15:00
Swoosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kabul departure minimas.

Hi there, I have flown in Afghanistan quite a few times so I know exactly what you are talking about.

The only thing I can say is that the SA law states that you as the Captain must ensure that you clear all obstacles by 35 feet. So if you can plan your own engine inoperative flight path to clear all obstacles by 35 feet then you will be OK.

Let say you loose an engine at V1 and continue, you must work out how far you will go before reaching 400 ft agl and after that you can change direction max 15 deg bank angle. So lets say at 7 DME you reach 400ft you can then turn left 15 deg bank angle and then route towards the VOR and once overhead route outbound on the inbound ILS/VOR inbound track.

You first need to work out what climb percentage you will achieve and then convert that into ROC. Now you can test your engine inoperative flight path by simulating your climb performance. As you Take-off and raise the Gear, reduce your power to set up a climb path at V2 and your engine inoperative ROC and then you can test if it will be safe.

I know this sounds like a long shot, but I know what it is like operating on contract, it's definately not like operating for an airline where they get people to work it out for them, so unfortunately you will have to do this yourself.

The main thing is though you might have to reduce your max T/O weight to ensure that you achieve a 2.0%or 2.4% what ever it is you require.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
Swoosh