PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei MarkII (Merged).
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 09:17
simmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Times Change

Originally Posted by shaftedwit
These figures were passed to me by someone in the abode. Are they accurate?
BI098 DXB to BWN
Scheduled Flight Time = 8.00 hours
Report Time = STD - 1 hour
Rostered Flying Duty Period = 9.00 hours.
Allowed Duty Period = 9hours 45 minutes.
Max Possible Discretion = 3 hours
Flight Delayed by 6 hours and 40 minutes after the crew had reported for duty and no rest facilities at airport or airplane. Crew still operated the flight.
Actual Duty Period 15 hours and 40 minutes.
Max Allowed Duty Period including 3 hours discretion = 12 hours 45 minutes.
Didnt the DFM publish an FON recently stating that discretion was not to be taken lightly and that only in cases of life threatening emergency could it be extended by more than 3 hours.
Interesting.
Many years ago I saved RBA a big bill and much embarrassment by re-positioning the flight from BHX to LHR after an early morning diversion there. My paper work was wrong - done immediately after landing at LHR (big mistake) - and when it was corrected by the then small brained Fleet Manager, he sent an express bollocking to me, received just as I was pushing back at LHR for the return flight. My paper work showed I had entered discretion by 1 hour 50 minutes. In fact I had actually been 3 hours into discretion. Now that is legal but my manager criticised me for NEARLY bringing the Airline into disrepute! This was my only little error in 10 years with the airline and you all know the thanks I got. A regular pay cheque!
What else is there? A knighthood? I've got a packet of those but I'm too old to use them.