PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 04:54
Supertramp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all from another first time poster. "Captain Billy" just about sums up my feelings.

I can't help but come to the rather unpalatable conclusion that the decision makers in EGHQ have decided that now that they consider themselves to be at the helm of major airline, they need 'real' pilots, and that we, the pilots who've been manning their big white airplanes to date, including the training pilots, don't quite rate any more (if we ever did in their eyes).

I've been aware for some years now that management have absolutely no respect for us pilots, but if this is true, it really underlines that fact.

It's interesting that no one has mentioned the supposed basing offer some DECs are said to have had offered to them. Surely that can't be true?

Also interesting is the fact tha so few EK pilots feel confident enough to post their opinions here. I suspect that many are more than a little paranoid about airing their grievances anywhere, which might explain the huge disparity between hits and posts on this (and any other EK) thread.