PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 18:36
Captain Billy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for me either write to management - or fully accept this news

This is very concerning news indeed! There are over 1600 views and now 16 posts - 1 post in the last 400 views- for me it is time to voice my opinion this is the most important issue for my retirement! If I do not write a letter of complaint to management expressing concern about this news then I have willing accepted the DEC contract without my own conditions being attended to. Our flight ops management will only be in a position to do something if this becomes a major point of concern that needs to be voiced to the next level I am aware of that and have written a letter. The airline is expanding at a massive rate and the airline will rightly try to do this in the most economical way possible as any of us would if we were airline owners. The airline need to be convinced that the cost of bringing in direct entry Captains paid at a rate above that of any pilot with less than 15 years (95 % of the current pilot ranks) is not worth the risk of ruining the good will and loyalty to this organization that has helped to keep it growing so well. Moral is a key issue, my roster is under huge pressure from under manning and I am willing to help as much as I can at this critical time, the problem is I have a retirement fund that is so awful that the national pilots have left it. To accept this means that I and 95% of our pilots will NEVER achieve a salary at the offering to DEC's and my salary is the only thing that will realistically pay for my retirement and provide future opportunities for my family. For me personally this has resulted in my first post here. I have nearly seven years of dedicated and largely unwavering support for this great airline and nearly twenty more years to retirment. The news that they try to fill the numbers without rewarding the loyalty I find depressing. If the result of all this is negative then its time for me to seriously consider what has been unthinkable- joining our colleagues who have taken a move to the far east where accommodation allowances can help fund retirement - (twenty years of rental allowance at USD 7000 per month will make the difference) Here its my salary that has to support the retirement planning. These new DEC will forever get a salary in excess of mine and they are coming to us having worked for our competitors for many years. The company will reward them more every month and that I find difficult. I am sure that many like our leader have a very beneficial retirement package in place. I find that very short sighted and disheartening and difficult to maintain my enthusiam for a company that I greatly care about.So for me a time to make a personal choice the first step is either: A) Write a personal message to the company stongly expressing these concerns I have expressed B) Welcome the news that the company is paying AED 38K+ to attract well qualified DEC's and I am happy to accept - with no change in our conditions - to ensure the growth of the airline.I have chosen A)- what will you do?

Last edited by Captain Billy; 2nd Feb 2006 at 18:44. Reason: formatting paragraphs