PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:14
picu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vorsicht, you're right. ( Checked my payslip ) Basic is just under 30K so with the training allowance comes to about 35K. I forgot to take into account provident scheme payments etc.
The figure would still be short of the 38K offered to DECs ( as the rumour goes)
I refuse to include the transport allowance - we have to use our own car unlike everybody else.
Red hackle makes about 4000 a month in overtime - I never make anything near that. Good luck to him.
There are many other trainers below me in seniority who make even less than I do ( apart from overtime - I obviously don't know how much they make in that respect.)
Interesting to see that Red Hackle, 11 years in the company, makes 40K a month (basic and training). Since that would be only 2K more than a new Dec, WHO DOES NOT TRAIN, I find that sad.
I only hope that this rumour is only that and nothing more. AS had a chat with us recently, and when asked whether DECs will get a higher pay than first year captain, he denied it. Until it happens, i just have to take his word for it.