PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for seperation: why do pilots ignore them
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 10:08
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LDG Blue, in the UAE Centre only the coffee is allowed. SUDOKU, and crooswords, books, newspapers etc have been outlawed in the ops room, even if you are on a break. Has been that way for about 2 years now. As far as finding the time to file a report on an aircraft that failed to meet a requirement, I agree we should. You have to understand though that the supervisor of the shift has to do it. This is a guy that often is working with a crew of 5 that is running 4 sectors (and sometimes 5 if West opens or a planner is needed), and he is expected to work 2 hours on 1/2 hour off for a 9 hour shift, and then on his so called "break" catch up on all the other paperwork (which there is a lot of ie. every Non-RVSM pushdown is logged so it can be investigated), prepare the briefing for the next shift. check the emergency centre, check emergency phones, check emergency radios, answer incoming calls from all sorts, ground non RNP 5 aircraft, release these aircraft, and then maybe just maybe, have a piss and make a coffee before he plugs back in. He may also be required to be training someone, or giving someone a recency check at the same time. Now you tell me where in all this he has time to fill out an occurrence report for every aircraft that fails to follow an ATC instruction????? That is why we are trying to educate pilots on here, as to why we need them to meet the requirements and to let them know what we need them to say.

I hope all this helps.