PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 D check cancelled due to big announcment
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 08:03
wing surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lets get this thing back on track

i have a few questions which i think need to be asked

1. if the aircraft are outsourced who here in Australia is acountable if one goes down?

I think NO one would but maybe the people that are making these choices should be thinking of the long term and not the just the short term gains. thinking of the public safety and the customers welbeing and living up to what they preach " no injuries to anyone anytime" (no only the worker but the travelling public)

I would give it about 5 years before mojours problems occure by this stage dixon would have taken the shares, the pay rises and the profit he would lleave Qantas and then all S**t would break loose No care No responsiblilty . no came back fror the investors, no come back for the Australian public (Australian law does not extend to China).

the question was asked of Keith Clark why was the check moved, quote " it was to keep the intregity on H/M sydney" what ever that means.

2. if there is a closure of heavy maint where will the servicing guys get the skill base for the engineers?

the goverment is complaining there is a lack of skilled workers here in Australia how is this going to help the skill base shortages? does this mean more workers coming in from overseas doing more Australians out of work remember the saying "pay peanuts get monkeys"