PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial & Atpl Theory Subjects
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 04:18
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C152R

I suggest you read my profile before saying I’m “Old School and uneducated”. It really makes you look silly. I have had a lot more to do with pilot recruitment than you realise. For every airline that you name that requires it, I can name you ten that don’t, namely CX, KA, SQ, QF, NZ, EK, BA to name just a few. I will admit a lot of the cadets we employ at CX have degrees but it isn’t a requirement and most of the direct entry pilots don’t have degrees. This very same argument was going around 20 years ago when I started learning to fly. Nothing has changed since except salaries have gone south in the mean time. QF has the same requirements as they did 20 years ago. CX requirements have dropped in that time. 20 years ago unless you had a military background it was almost impossible to get in here. Mind you they didn’t have S/O’s back then and cadets weren’t employed. If some airlines want degrees, good luck to them. With the current expansion of many airlines in the region, most are finding it difficult to attract quality candidates. Go and have a close look at what is happening in China and India and you will see what direction pilot recruitment is going. If you want to believe what some flying school or university lecturer has said fine. But with all due respect they and you don’t know what you are talking about.