PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concern - FI shortage
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2006, 15:07
Gugnunc

I have seen other courses offered and advertised, but my point was more about how "products" are marketed and sold by clubs & FTO's.

I can understand that organisations are too small to employ someone dedicated to selling, business generation etc but other small businesses seem to understand the concepts better than flying schools.

I've flown with a few clubs/FTO's now and even though they are largish names in the industry, I have never received a newsletter or mailshot from any of them. No one has ever come up to me and said - "you've been doing a fair few hours in our Warrior - do you want to try out the Arrow for £££?"
Has anyone ever had a phonecall saying "we've just had a booking for the 172 cancelled, do you want it for a few hours for a special price...."? They don't earn money sitting on the ground.

I'm not advocating that the moment a PPL turns up at the club he is besieged by special offers, incentives and pushy sales tactics, but some attention to good business practice and customer service would be appreciated.