PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for seperation: why do pilots ignore them
Old 1st Feb 2006, 13:49
03Rnow30R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, a constructive bit of chatter.

Thought I might add a few bits on for those wondering why OMDB App do some "apparently" weird and wonderful things.

The level restriction inbound at Orlik, etc. What you chaps may not know, is that we have some gentleman in uniforms and flightsuits, with bits attached to their aeroplanes that may make your eyes water, batting across our airspace in a North/South direction. You are being forced below them for one.

Secondly, It also helps us try to get a bit of a "clean handoff" with the outbounds climbing to 13000' so we can hand you off to Area soonest. Think of that next time you look at your TCAS gizmo and then call passing 9000' for 13000' to say "....approaching 13000' " because you don't see any traffic.

You may have noticed that you are being vectored a bit more than usual when going to PAPAR off RWY12. That is due to a restricted piece of airspace that has been created BTN DB and SJ that is not allowed to be overflown AT ALL on departure or below 4000' on arrival or over flight. We are either trying to avoid you having to fly too many track miles and turning you before this red blob on our screens or scraping you around the outside of it and then to PAPAR. It is pain in bottom.

Thanks to the ACC guys for the increased spacing on the inbounds, it is very much appreciated. I and the rest of my watch do try to call and thank you when we see some really amazing feets, especially on nightshifts. Thanks for your calls ANSA, they too are appreciated.

The reason we need to start with big holes (15 or even 20NM), is so that we can end up with 8 to 10 miles on final to allow for the restrictions impossed by the new phase of single runway ops. Especially with RWY12 in use, the aircraft either run AAALLLLL the way to the end and turn right, or turn left and we need to make gaps to get them back across the runway and also depart another.

Please keep this a constructive thread. This may help us all till one day we can come and play at your house and you can come and play at ours. Roll-on jumpseat rides.....