PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS UK ATCO Pay offer: What do you think?
Old 1st Feb 2006, 12:07
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tired-flyboy

The trainees will get an allowance on top of the 10 grand to pay rent as I did when I was at the college. Rest of the money to do with as they please and if they want to go on the pop then that is up to them. I was simply making the point that not everyone who joins NATS is coming from a background of a well paid job and the whingeing is making it sound like the students are going to be on the breadline. It WILL deter some but I would have still gone down to the college as I always wanted to be a controller and would hope others feel the same way.
Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of this current crop of management and this system may be yet another mistake.

By the way travelling home in the RAF can cost a lot if you are based at Odiham and live in say Sheffield, plus MT transport to camp, I did 6 years in the RAF and never heard of it, you walked or drove. NAAFI prices weren't overly cheap but other bars on camp were but alot of the time we went into town. My point being that I wasn't rolling in cash but I managed and didn't live on the breadline.