PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 1st Feb 2006, 09:56
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking a320rider more like "a320loser"

The modular guys have to take on real life commitments whilst ALSO learning how to fly. Coupled with the inflexible attitude of many training establishments who don't fly on the weekends so they normally have to book all the annual leave just for study and then beg their employer for unpaid leave (and that's if they have an understanding employer). The integrated students are great but we can't always have the optimum in life and does that mean because I can't afford a Ferrari I must walk to work?

This a320loser guy couldn't even win a moaners competition because he's be turned away at the entrance with the words "sorry mate no professionals"

The modular or integrated guy have to meet the same standards laid out by the authorities so if aircraft are crashing due to this aspect then aren't the authorities at fault? Additionally the training schools should then also come under the spot light for having irregular and below par training syllabuses? I don't think so , in fact the schools and authorities are fine because they have devised 2 routes to meet the same aim, that of a qualified pilot with competent skill levels.

Many of the courses in the US are modular and thousands of pilots graduate from that type of training every year so how come aircraft aren't falling out of the sky over there? In fact in a 'sue everyone' culture like in the US you'd think they would be even more cautious than us about having modular courses.

This is not an optimum world and we have to be flexible and innovative at every step and I can assure you that every one of those loser 'modular pilots' realise and understand the true worth of their training and the sacrifices they made they are just as good as anyone else. It's NOT the system, school or training environment that's the most influencial factor in pilot quality it's always been and always will be the PILOT'S INDIVIDUAL MOTIVATION they are the key to all training quality.