PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2006, 21:32
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that this is a rumour network, I'll wait for confirmation on both points of this particular rumour before blowing a gasket. However, it's not the first time I've heard the 38,000 dits a month story, (although it is the first time I've heard anything about basing).

If the 38,000 dits story proves to be true, and if (big 'if' this), as many training captains resign from training as have threatened to the day they're asked to train someone being paid more then they are, the ranks of the trainers will be thinning substantially. (Although I for one will believe it when I see it.) With a few exceptions, I just don't think most trainers will actually carry out their threats, and I believe Management, going on past performance, have come to the same conclusion.

I know of quite a few of our senior line captains (AND trainers) who would have all the ticks in the boxes required for a DEC on 38,0000 a month (except, of course, the most important one - they're not ex-BA!!!!). I wonder how many will try the resign and re-apply route? I know of one or two who've been asking about basing for years now and who've never got past first base (no pun intended) with their requests.

If the basing story as well as the 38,000 dits story is true, I think I could safely say "interesting times ahead".

----

Spreaking of 'interesting times',and totally changing subjects in mid-stream, I wonder how many of the Yank DECs will still be in Dubai five minutes afterwards should the caa-caa officially hit the fan between Dubya and Iran, a possibility that's looking a little more likely as each day passes?