PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Emirates Pilots Are Fatigued
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 05:51
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A
I don't fly for EK, but I suppose, being the biggest airline in the Gulf, it is not surprising at the constant whingeing going on. To me, a pilot can do 900 hrs a year. So if you are rostered that way, then accept it. Most airlines roster you normally for far far less. EK doesn't do anything that EY, GF, Qatari etc doesn't. At the end of the day, although your airline want's you to have a stable relationship if you are married,and perhaps with kids, the bottom line is, the profitability of the company you work for. They accept, but don't really care about your personal life. All they want to see is the wheels going up on that particular flight, whether long or short haul. All of us got into this game, initially coz we love flying. Although we love flying, the airline game sucks. Going to work at 2am is not job satisfaction, especially during Xmas or New Year. ( Pax are very selfish sometimes), but we do it to fly, big aircraft. The family does suffer, big time, but, they knew what they were getting into, and accepted that. Those that haven't, are long gone, and many that don't will soon follow. I suspect, that most of the complaining is because of family issues, and not the actual job.