PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Emirates Pilots Are Fatigued
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 02:26
Dissapointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freedom of expression?

Right on! Now I can really say what I think!
411A you are an absolute tw@t to think that you're drivel is listened to hear. God, I wish that I could really say the word here that I want to use, but I guess that I'd be banned for ever, but it's something along the lines of 'See You Next Tuesday...'
You're way out of touch man! You know absolutely cock all about modern aviation and the way that fatigue can creep up and bite you. You are nothing less than some octogenarian antique that is best put out to grass, or better still, best left to prop up some flying club bar whilst the doey eyed PPLs listen to your stories of 'Lads, now when I was in the war.....' You're opinions are not only unwelcome but uninformed. You're data is hopelessly outdated and worst of all, you're rudeness is overwhelmingly out of synch with the modern way by which we communicate. Today's flight deck is not a Man / Boy environment, many FOs that I fly with are older than me, have greater experience than me and in many cases are probably more capable too. But then I have something that you will never have old man, and that is humility. I also have empathy and that is something that you would not understand, maybe you're just a tad jealous that you are past it and that despite your assertions that you are 'experienced, seen it, done it...etc' you would not get a foothold at a chance of an interview here, even if you did the psychometric evaluation would weed you out and you'd get the 'Thanks, but no thanks' letter that you would deserve.
Now, 441A, why don't you just f*ck off and let the current ATPL holders sort out their issues without bleating on about how good we have it. And before you even go there, no I am not some junior FO with a chip on his shoulder. For what it's worth I am a current EK Captain, 9 years in the company, 17,000 hours in the logbook (and increasing at 900 a year) and have flown everything from Daks to B747s via Tiger Moths and Harvards.
I know that typing that was a waste of time, but gee, I feel much better now!
4HP, do I have to apologise now? Nope but as tic says, chill; you're getting all worked up. Tone down the language please, there's women & children on this site. That's the official line. Unofficially, great post.

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 30th Jan 2006 at 14:23.