PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK pay Q
Thread: EK pay Q
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 00:31
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having seen the official letter you all got regarding DEC's, I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that ALL upgrades on 777, will be in-house, provided the requirements are met. Again ALL accelerated commands, will be subject to the requirements. From what I understand, with the many aircraft joining the fleet in the next few years, there is no way, currently anyway, that there will be enough suitable Capts, or F/O's, suitable. Hence the DEC thing. Mind you, the requirements are there in your manual, I've seen it,(10000 hrs etc), for a DEC. Bottom line, you will not have enough Capt's to crew the aircraft, in the near future. If suppose, I joined as a DEC tomorrow, according, to the letter, from your Management, I would NOT, be depriving any F/O, of his deserved up-grade. That's the way I see it. Has any F/O, been told categorically, that his up-grade to command, will be later than it should be, because of DEC's joining? Seems to me, that your Management is being above-board on this. So what's the complaining about?