PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brace position
Thread: Brace position
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 00:20
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I recall BEA doing pax acceptance testing around 74/75 (or 75/76!) I went from LHR to HAM and had been asked if I would like to try the rear facing seats and fill in a form. I did and said that it was fine. The rotation felt a little strange but one would easily have adjusted to it.

I agree with the postings that we will not get rear facing seats as they will say that 'we' will not pay for the stronger and better seats. "After all, if we have got away without for so long - why change now?" Is the kind of thing they will say - indirectly!

I am all too well aware that the lapbelt and front facing seats will not help in any kind of awkward landing. The only way that I could improve the risk would be to always fly BA Club and ensure that I have a rear facing seat and, with no BA Club sleeper seat on short and medium haul, then I would have to hire me private a/c and ensure the seats are turned round.

The only thing that I can do to influence my saftety is to follow instructions, keep abreats of developments - for which many thanks about the poistioning of legs, post Kegworth, which I had not heard - and carry a personal smoke hood. My smoke hood has 20 mins of O2 and if that is not sufficient, the fire or crash will have probably already done the job!