PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bah humbug or fair play if you can manage it? RAF and the Winter Olympics
Old 29th Jan 2006, 20:03
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
As I said, I'm not at all against sports & AT; in fact the way things are going, getting the troops out of the office for a week is often a god-send - stops everyone killing each other in work.

What does annoy me is this representing your country lark and all the freebies that seem to come along with it. If it were only a few weeks out here and there, then fine. But it isn't that. It's often preferential postings to RAF Sleepy Hollow as Stn Cdr's dog walker or totally written off for a tour. And when they've finished indulging their passion for a couple of years, it's back to work with a glowing reputation and a report that puts them up there with God's slightly better little brother and pushing for promotion and all the accolades the AOC can muster as they live off their tea tray antics for the next 3 tours.

Airborne ARtist, IIRC, said female Flt Lt is a point in question; I believe she was given a non-effective posting, taken out of her branch and when she finally got back and had to do some work, didn't like it and banged out. Now that's what really grips!

Last edited by Melchett01; 29th Jan 2006 at 20:25.