PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 17:08
filipehm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info!

hey Apaddyinuk,

thanks a lot for the info, it's really a great help. the thing is that if my friend really is appointed, she will be more or less leaving her life in portugal behind, but i guess she can always com back to visit. the thing is here in portugal things really aren't that great, and if, as you rightly say, the basic salary isn't very much, it's a lot more compared to here! it's a big investment to move to london, but my friend is really wanting to give this big step in the hope for something better! so it'll hopefully be worth it!

she applied for EF LHR and has already booked her assessment day, so i do hope she stays there, as taking into consideration what I have found out, it really isn't a good start to begin with LGW because of the different conditions and pay (i think).

but suppose she does get this job (which i really believe she will), and she works hard and she is valued by BA, do you think there are chances of promotion in terms of pay and chances that she could be put into WW LHR as quickly as you did?

english is obviously not my friend's first language, but she does have, however, a high level of fluency, and can understand english perfectly. do you think that that will be a barrier to her being appointed? and also, the fact that her first language is portuguese, won't that be an asset, e.g. for flights to portugal or brazil? will BA recognise that as a plus and thus is that an advantage for being promoted to WW LHR?

and one last question... the basic salary for someone starting is about £10,500. is the salary (and flight allowance) at WW LHR greater than at EF LHR? if you could give me actual values that would be great to get a general idea of what she can expect, e.g. how much she can (in good and in slightly worst months in both WW and EF LHR) earn.

thanks so much for the help,
all the best

p.s.: if anyone has answers to these questions or wants to say anything related to this, just post a reply or send a personal message! thanks

Last edited by filipehm; 29th Jan 2006 at 17:38.