PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XM607, Waddington's Warbird
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 19:51
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, to explain a little more fully, the "one gate guard" rule came and went rather swiftly. I never found-out what idiot introduced the rule, but almost as soon as it was imposed, it seemed to be forgotten-about again, and additional airframes began to re-appear at various stations. But of course by this time, airframes such as the Victor had long since been destroyed for no reason, other than the whim of some areh*le who had nothing better to do.
The disturbing thing is that there's no reason why another lunatic couldn't come along and repeat the saga all over again.
Standto, yes I was being sarcastic - The Vulcan Story was my book (I changed my surname for boring family reasons last year) and it did have a complete disposals list in it, and as far as I'm aware, only one minor mistake was found in it, so it's pretty accurate. The book was okay apart from the ghastly print quality in the reprinted edition.
I will of course include a new disposals list in my new Vulcan book, but that isn't scheduled to be publsihed until the end of 2007, in company with a similar book on the Hunter, and a rather spectacular book (or at least I hope it will be!) on the RAF!
In the meantime, you'll be able to amuse yourself with a new fortnightly partwork magazine on the RAF which is due to appear soon. I saw the dummy for the first issue and it looks like the usual load of garbage you might expect, so it should be good for a few laughs!