PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight West Future
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 01:25
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

nasa I have no idea - haven't spoken to the Townsville refueller as Ace suggests!

I suspect the rumours in this thread may not be very accurate..... However you are, geographically at least, closer to one of the hopeful players.

But I've been wrong before.....

Analyse the threads, nasa:

5 x F-100's? On what routes considering the emphasis must initially be in Queensland due to the Government guarantees and the Western Queensland routes are now gone. There's hardly revenue and a route structure to support two F-100's - let alone five!

Transfer the AOC? Can't be done. It is irrevocably tied to the YC corporate entity. Buy the shares, get the AOC - expect a CASA audit!

******? I don't think so.

AN Mk II? There are innumerable reasons equity or commercial involvement with AN Mk II won't happen at present, not the least being the present inadequacies of the AN reservations system, lack of AN terminal and ground handling staff and the unsure future of AN Mk II.

Who ever acquires YC (if anyone does) has a far greater task ahead of them than I did in that seventeen days in 1987! And will need deep pockets.....

But we live in very interesting times....

[ 28 October 2001: Message edited by: Torres ]