PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Train Hard...Fight Easy.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 07:54
peoplespoet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSRO,
Don't get me wrong, I raise the issues that I do in an attempt to raise the profile of what I believe to be significant training and operational shortfalls. Do not confuse that with undermining the AAC ability to conduct combat aviation; I believe that the Corps is without doubt best placed to own and fight this aircraft, management of its assets i will remain neutral on.

I have observed for years the dedication of a small team of professional instructors pulling rabbits out of hats in order to make it work, and boy i have seen some ***kin big rabbits in the past 2 years. The men flying AH at present are the Bs 'n' Es, they just cant get on and do the job properly for bureaucracy and bull**** fed to MOD.

Even TFAD was achieved with a big bluff, have we trained enough men to support operations? Well during the TFAD assessment exercise at least 1 crew possibly 2 crews had to be provided from the AMTAT to the ready for war 9th Regt AAC in order that they could take part in the exercise.

Now that so many people are leaving I can't see how they have become flush with combat ready aviators to support an enduring commitment? more bluff and bluster!

When was the last time the commander JHC or DAAvn visited SAAvn or AMTAT staff's (the instructors not the SO1s) to see what the pitfalls are? never perhaps. Ask and you will be told, don't ask and all is Rosy and lets go to war. I bet this sounds familiar, but the truth none the less and a significant factor into why the professional combat aviators that have become frustrated, annoyed and disappointed are wanting to leave!

PP.

Last edited by peoplespoet; 26th Jan 2006 at 08:40.