PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does a Flying Instructor earn ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2002, 19:18
ozpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doggy,. .. .You made mention of instructing probably not being repetitive. Well, in my opinion, it really can be mind-numbingly repetitive. If you like variety, definitely aim at the smaller school that does a variety of flying; eg. charter, scenics, PPL training and some CPL. Somewhere in the bush would be a good place to look for that kind of thing. However the trade off for variety may (and I am not an expert here) be the dollars.. .. .If you want a few more dollars (only a few more mind you), then big airline schools are the way to go. The trade off here though is the distinct lack of variety. The place I work pays relatively well (see the figures quoted by my ex-colleague Angle of Attack; his figures are accurate) and has looked after me. The problem is that the work is extremely repetitive. You are only there to do one thing and that is teach airline cadets how to fly. You go to the same places day in day out, and there isn't much room in the syllabus to make it more interesting. Not whingeing, just a warning.. .. .Below 10K, I used to work at the same large and professional (it is???) organisation a few years back. When were you there and where are you now? Send me an e-mail if you like.. .. .AoA, I'll be in you know where for the graduation the same time as you'll be there. We will have to catch up.