PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo or Etihad 767 ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 22:43
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's an SIAC pilot who, before joining SIA, went from a wide body B767 Command in Asia to a
B737 F/O position in Australia. After 2 years in the land of milk and honey, he found the job and package untenable and so applied to join SQ Cargo as a B747 DEC.

He's checked out and on the line.

On the other hand, there is the prospect of joining as a First Officer. If you join as a F/O you are taking quite a big risk.

Nonetheless, there is a brand new provision for suitably qualified F/Os to be hired and upgraded in three years on the basis of their joining experience, which would be just shy of that required for a Direct Entry Command.

For those in this position, I tend to think SIAC would keep their side of the bargain. Yet as Millerscourt points out, the upgrade in SQ is a very involved process. Still, what airline's upgrade process isn't?

JP4, your experience suggests a DEC position.

You may care to give the Cargo office a ring. They're a very pleasant lot, and though I can't speak for anyone there, I'm sure the appropriate people would be happy to talk to you, given time constraints.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I should be offering names or numbers.

Last edited by 4PW's; 25th Jan 2006 at 23:05.