PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Pilots on strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 15:13
jammers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree whole heartedly with the SAS pilots as I believe there has been a world-wide move to bring down the 'airline pilot' into line with lesser paying positions, pilot or not......Is it a coincidence that the same type of thing is going on with most Star Alliance carriers., I think not.......United pilots take a huge pay hit AND lose their pention TOTALLY( I believe chapter 11 in the US is a horrendous experience for employees as courts seem to work in conjunction with management) The same goes for Air Canada, another Star Alliance partner, pilots take the biggest hit here in wages 30% and T & C's but this time it is because of a weak and/or apathetic union. Their flying is being farmed out to the regional carrier where pilots make less money as opposed to being given away, just another ploy.As the compant restructured, the CEO just happened to give himself 1,000,000 share options(shares at the moment worth about $30USD)on the backs of his employees, start to sound familiar......It would seem painfully obvious on a world-wide stage that the strategy to maintain the pay and status and T & C's of the 'airline pilot' is for them to some how unite........Maybe a call between union leaders of Star Alliance Airlines would be a start to illicit sympathy from other pilot groups working on any code-sharing flights.....It would seem either an interesting concept or an enigma, but either way if nothing is done the jobs will be gone.......IMHO Standfast SAS pilots!!!!!