PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tears as Fox sees all those jobless
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2002, 11:23
airtight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimbo James, . . . . It sounds to me like you're an insider for Fox and Lew. . . Facts are they pledged commitment to Ansett staff all along. On the strength of that many staff declined other job offers and many others moved interstate. By all accounts(including the administrator to Ansett)bar Fox and Lew, this corporate transaction could have been completed.. .When you pledge your commitment then don't follow through you were not committed after all were you !. . I believe there is such a thing as a verbal contract and the staff at Ansett definitely had theirs broken. Think for one moment of the expense and personal hardship that these people have undertaken to keep their end of this verbal contract. They have indulged Fox and Lew's commitment to Ansett and a promise to them has been broken! I can well imagine Fox has something to weep about. Let the courts examine the evidence and may the people have justice for all.. . It appears that although Fox and Lew were committed to Ansett they did not want to pay for it, how do you justify bidding for a business you are not prepared to pay for? is it reasonable to continue with a so called commitment to a company before you have secured how you are going to pay for it and if you haven't do you have a legal obligation to pay for it when your other plans don't come off, especially when you have announced you are committed to completion.. . More importantly, if you are not prepared to pay for a company you can afford are you legally obligated to stay out of proceedings with that . .company? And what about the ethics involved here ? I would assume anyone making a commitment with so many peoples futures at stake would assess carefully their actions and take full responsibility for those actions.. . It appears Fox and Lew's commitment was based on other peoples money and when that was not achieved to their satisfaction their commitment was dissolved.. . Dealing with other peoples money is one thing however dealing with other peoples lives is entirely unacceptable.. . . . Would you care to comment on that Jimbo James ?