PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tears as Fox sees all those jobless
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2002, 06:50
Whiskery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Why was is it so difficult to see that, after rejection from the Federal Government to Tesna regarding taxpayer's funds to kick start Ansett, Fox and Lew were never really interested in putting their own funds into the venture and getting the show airborne?. .. .They tried the banks - no go, they tried the Americans - no go and finally they even tried the opposition, VB - no go. Between the pair of them I don't believe they couldn't come up with $270 million of their own money to get the ball rolling. What was stopping them, was the fact that Ansett was never going to make money for a long, long time and it never looked like a good business proposition. A bad investment. I guess they figured it's OK to put other people's money into a bad investment, but definitely not your own. Fair enough.. .. .I am only a humble Airline Pilot, not a corporate genius, but even I could see, as far back as October last year, that Ansett was never going to be a good business proposition.. .. .What was the FLEW agenda then ? That I cannot work out.