PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Pilots on strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 10:19
ScandinavianPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a private pilot and sales manager for a large danish medical company I use SAS frequently. Quite frequently to be honest! One of my hobbies are private flying (I actually never dreamed of being a pilot full time, although flying a big jet must be fun) so I also follow the pilot world and SAS with great interest.

The desire from the SAS-management is equivalent to that of many other companies: Large bureaucratic organisations doesn't produce efficient, and they will ultimately die in the competition with other companies producing a smarter way.

As far as I know pilots and other employers in SAS has for long asked for less administration and more clear management. In other words, they would like to get rid of HQ in Stockholm. So why do they as the only group maintain relationship to the HQ, requiring someone to sit in Stockholm to negotiate their deal. Why don't they want a responsible management in their own country? That's how we do in my company, which has offices all over europe.

Well, I had to cancel a meeting in Dusseldorf this week and I'm sure that the pilots are sorry on my behalf. My company has lost several meetings, but it is always incredible that you manage to establish net-meetings instead.

I just don't understand how people with a huge salary go on strike because they as the rest of the world cannot get 100% jobsecurity. I actually think that the company in general will grow smaller much faster, if the administration is not eliminated now!

I really hope that the SAS I know will exist because I actually like the services they provide. And I have always thought that SAS-pilots did a good job. But I must say again, that I find it a bit stiff-upper-lip.

Good luck to all, and sorry if I was to rude to anyone, didn't mean to. Just wanted to express my opinion.

Peter