PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Pilots on strike
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2006, 17:02
freightdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strike?

This action is about splitting up SAS into three national companies; SASBraathens in Norway, SAS Denmark and SAS Sweden + SAS International (longhaul), thus breaking up the long standing common seniority list the SAS pilots has had for some 50 years+.

I may or may not agree with this, but it is only the Danish pilots that has gone on strike - an illegal strike at that, but still they stand up for their cause. You gotta give them credit for taking responsability for their own actions.

The Norwegian pilots has only called in sick. They will not admit it is a organized effort, and are in my opinion acting as cowardly as the Swedes.

The Swedish pilots aren't doing anything, they're out flying as if nothing is happening in Denmark and Norway, but rest assure they will be there to harvest the fruits of the Danish strike if they get it their way. They are simply acting like Swedes - securing both ways out (like they did in 1940-45).

I do agree with them in one thing. SAS management is arrogant and filled with tons of deadmeat doing what they can to employ themselves. Its in SAS numerous posh offices that money can be saved....not on the flight line.