PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Pilots on strike
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2006, 14:03
DK_FCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not know the background for this strike in detail, and I am sure that there is a good reason for the strike - but I think the SAS pilots should plan this action a bit better, so as not to have the stike have such a negative effect on the innocent passengers that are held as "hostages" in all this.

You need to announce the stike date publicly ahead of time so passenger will have a real option of making alternative travel plans.

This will be an equally powerfull weapon against the management, but with less collateral damage.

Think about the consequences this could have for the innocent passengers, ruined hollidays, missed meetings, lost deals etc.

The timing is really really bad, since Thursday night we had lots of snow/wind and freezing drizzle in Copenhagen, and ther were lots and lots of cancellations over the weekend, with thousands of passegers stranded in CPH. They were all expecting to fly out on Monday now the weather had improved.

But then the pilots went on strike - I understand the pilots, but couldnt they have waited a week - I feel sorry for the passengers.