PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India: Land of Opportunity...OR IS IT???
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2006, 08:59
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Propdog,

What Majors?? Most of the majors have filed for bankruptcy and it will be a long while before they start hiring again. As for FedEx and UPS you cannot work for them unless you are a US citizen. Both companies carry HazMat and DOT mandates that pilots are US citizens. Same is true for Atlas or Tradewinds.

As for quality of life, yes it was not too bad whilst i was flying CRJ's in USA. But that was as an FO, i am sure as a junior captain your life wont be any better than a CA in India. My friends who fly here hold anywhere between13-14 days off with 80-85 hours of flying. Money is not bad an d you do live like a king.

I am starting with kingfisher and will let you know what my life is like compared to living in MEM but I am sure nothing beats being close to my family.

Yes, you will have deal with DGCA and CME initially but once you are working for an airline, the airline takes care of everything.

May be grass is greener, but it is still green while I am on this side of the pond, as soon as it will start changing colors (colours?) I will post here.

Desipilot

PS: I didnt have convert my licence as I kept my CPL current since 1998.