PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a little disillusioned
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 19:29
airpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a little disillusioned

I may not be the only one but this is how I feel at the mo. Just read about the guys who have been told about their place on a ground sch with Emerald on the shorts fleet.(well done chaps) I'm a little disillusioned as I have been recommended,I've made calls etc and not a sniff. I know a recommendation is not a way in but it helps. I rang on thursday last week and was told there is no recruitment whatsoever. Why don't they just be honest and tell you to **** off we are not interested at least you would know where you stand.

Eastern's the same and their getting rid of the J32's. I just feel there are too many of us and its also a buyers market. People buying types and ******* it up for everyone else.

I've seen it on here people loaned and mortgaged to the limit no spare cash,strains on marriages etc. I admire these guys and girls. Where do you draw the line.

I've been trying the charter companies and see what openings they have. Again its proving difficult, not enough multi experience. It will cost you a fortune to get this. I was told by a charter Chief Pilot that by just doing another 20-30hrs aint worth it.

I want to fly at a different level but how long do I keep this job hunting up. I'm 33 earning less than 12000 a yr, cant really afford to do **** all and working with old men. So I've been thinking of joining the Police again,fantastic salary and prospects,its familiar ground,lots of social life meeting new people etc. and have the opportunity to continue with my instructing/examining career. Best of both worlds.

Anyway just my thoughts