PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS UK ATCO Pay offer: What do you think?
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 10:06
ukatco_535

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I am most definately not saying that!! What I am stating is that due to continual cuts, people may be put off joining the college - in particular, those on a second career.

The courses have more success if there is a good cross section of people.... the older people can bring a bit of maturity to the course,the young ones can get the oldies to lighten up!

The way the college is going now, in my opinion, is a backward step - we are supposed to be the world leader in ATM, yet we are reducing the training time given to students with sometimes detrimental affect.

There is even a rumour that in the future, initial college training will be done abroad, in a means to save money - how can the company do this and claim to be the world leader?

People who apply to NATS should be given the best opportunity to succeed - and at the moment, upper management is not working to this.

'Spotters' et al are more than welcome - but not exclusively so - we need a good cross section of people, to keep the company fresh.

Good luck in what is a great job, workng with a great bunch of people (i.e. the people on the shop floor)