PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 22:14
757manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did say that my comments about the 757 future were views/opinions held by myself/others within my company - I did not say they were simple fact ! However looking at current statistics, there are some operators realeasing 757s from operations but few adding 757s to their inventory.
Well said, point eloquently made, I agree entirely
Finally, I did not say that additional sim training was required for the dual 757/767 rating. I merely said that there was additional training involved. Training which must be paid for by someone wether that be i a classroom or in a simulator.
Not the impression the post gave, however on the strength of your previous comments it is now clear.
It would be helpful to know who the 5 operators are that you DO KNOW OF recruiting low-hr 757/767 pilots who having trained through an approved scheme
All the information is available via the internet, a couple of phonecalls, a little research and a little networking will yield all you need to know. What I will say is this, 3 of the operators are in Asia, 1 in Europe, and 1 in the Middle East. To the best of my knowledge the 3 operators in Asia have taken around 12 low timers in the last month on the 757
Probably more to the point on this is that there is presently a real shortage of 757 people to operate second tier charter/cargo Ops. As with anything however you pay your money and you take your chances..why though be just another person with an A320/737 type on your license when the industry is so short of 757 drivers? (and its easier to fly than a 737! )
I do hope this has been informative

Scroggs...my tea tastes good