PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 17:26
waffles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No arguments please !

I do not wish to argue. The point is to provide HELPFUL information to a newcomer !

To clear up some of this:

I did say that my comments about the 757 future were views/opinions held by myself/others within my company - I did not say they were simple fact ! However looking at current statistics, there are some operators realeasing 757s from operations but few adding 757s to their inventory.

It would be helpful to know who the 5 operators are that you DO KNOW OF recruiting low-hr 757/767 pilots who having trained through an approved scheme !

Finally, I did not say that additional sim training was required for the dual 757/767 rating. I merely said that there was additional training involved. Training which must be paid for by someone wether that be i a classroom or in a simulator.
I understand that (in my case - 737 classic/NG) if you get a rating on one type, the other is automatically put on the license. However, a differences course is required (for 737 this includes sim details) and additional line training is required befoire the full priviledges of both types can be exerised.
The currency training to keep the types current is another matter altogether.

Just to emphasize the point of this post (inc. replys):

A low-hr pilot looking for work !
Therefore, replys should usually contain helpful information that may help. NOT abuse or vague critism of someone else's response ! If you do feel you must critisize, provide your own evidence !

SORRY ABOUT THE DIVERSION FROM THE ORIGINAL TOPIC ADM100. I HOPE SOME OF IT HAS ACTUALLY HELPED.