PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 250kts on departure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 16:04
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ukatco_535,

"which would impinge far too much on carrier operations"

In my experience the effect on runway capacity rates by doing as we suggest would have airfield operators, BAA etc up in arms far before the carriers even realised what was going on I think in this modern game of politics they have far more weight at consultation than operators ever do

Jambo,

I don't think you'll find the PRNAV SID's looking very different from current ones. There is VERY limited space within the LTMA and capacity, like my note above is heavily monitored. The UK, through DAP, have developed their own PRNAV SID design criteria. If the ICAO one had been followed, then there would have resulted in many problems within the LTMA. For instance, speed on first turns has been 'capped' on UK design, specifically to cope with the LL/KK SID problems already discussed by controllers.

Also the UK set it's own higher Procedure Design Gradient (PDG). Much effort and careful analysis went into setting the UK figures - with pilot input I add. This new TC rule however would NOT be because of this new PDG.

30W