PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 11:09
757manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many operators in the uk are beginning to replace 757 fleets with airbus aircraft or (in the case of thomsonfly), slowly trading for 737s. The 757 is not an aircraft with a long future in passenger travel ... in my view (and many captains within my company) !
Not everyone is going to work for Thomsonfly
Yes, some do recruit for the 757 but if doing a type rating with the aim of leaving as many options open as possible, the 757 would be nearly as bad as a type rating for a tupelov in the UK!!! I only know of 2 operators that recruit direct to 757 for low-hr pilots and both of those airlines only do so through approved training schemes !
Then plainly you know dont know a great deal
If responding, please try to make a constructive critism/responce rather than spit out random crap !
Small point conceed, however there is nothing that Ive posted that isnt untrue.
One other point that is glaringly obvious whenever this arguement arises, is that a lot of Brit wanabee airline pilots seem to want a job on there own back doorstep, when plainly this aint the case I personally know of 5 airlines that operate 757's in VARIOUS capacities that would take a good low timer with a 757 T/R
Oh and one last thing..have a look at my profile, a 757 T/R IS considered a 767 T/R have a look on your license, there is only a requirement for a systems differences course (ala 737 classic vs NG) but there is no specific Sim detail required. In my case I flew the 757 for 500 hrs or so, and now fly both, the LPC/OPC is carried out in either the 757 or 767 sim config.