PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 23:43
waffles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first job

First of all, there really is no need for such hostility !

Many operators in the uk are beginning to replace 757 fleets with airbus aircraft or (in the case of thomsonfly), slowly trading for 737s. The 757 is not an aircraft with a long future in passenger travel ... in my view (and many captains within my company) !

Additionally, my post was written in an attempt to help someone looking for a first job. There is not a single airline worldwide that will recruit a low-hour (240-270 hr) pilot and put them straight on to a 767 (which appears to be half your argument). Yes, some do recruit for the 757 but if doing a type rating with the aim of leaving as many options open as possible, the 757 would be nearly as bad as a type rating for a tupelov in the UK!!! I only know of 2 operators that recruit direct to 757 for low-hr pilots and both of those airlines only do so through approved training schemes !

In reference to your comment about the 757/767 rating, a 757 rating is not automatically a 767 rating. I am assumming from your name that you are possibly a 757 pilot and therefore you will know this but for both to be 'useable', differences training is required in addition to line training on BOTH types. One does not count for the other. If you were paying for your own type rating, would you pay for the extra if there was no chance of it being needed/useful whilst in the position of a low-hr pilot ?

If responding, please try to make a constructive critism/responce rather than spit out random crap !