PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hows the Job Scene In OZ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2001, 07:30
ICE SHEDDING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

OK folks
Before we laugh too hard and wet our dacks I have to tell of one young upstart with that same attitude I once knew who once said as we were drooling over the metros on line... QUOTE "It would be ok to fly one of those things for a first job, but not for long" the same guy got his first job sitting sideways in a 727 for Poly

However Hun, the road to the airlines is hard and long. You will feel like giving in the game more times than you would like to admit. There is the strongest compition out there, I mean who wouldn't want to be an airline pilot?? Big pay, lots of time off, big pay, nice office view, big pay, good conditions, oh and big pay. However, I think I speak for a lot of pilots out there
when I say that GA also has its plusses. You CANNOT do the kind of flying that you experience "in the bush" with an airline. You WILL NOT make the strong friends that you make in the small GA type outfits. But most of all you will miss out on the experience of a life time. Without dabbing at GA, how are you planning on "flying", cause the only kind of "Flying" you will experience in the majors is to take off, engage auto pilot, then drink loads of coffee while monitoring the systems.
Anyway good luck with your endevours