PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS UK ATCO Pay offer: What do you think?
Old 20th Jan 2006, 12:24
ukatco_535

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to think the banding thing would not rear it's ugly head... I am band 5 so it's easy for me to say that (some might say).

However, I wanted a scottish (any) airport as my first choice; I got sent down the area route. I wanted Prestwick; I got TC.

The pay rise is the same percentage regardless of what band people are in. People at Band 1 or 2 units who whinge about the highly manned (and therefore vote powerful) band 5 units should think what their comments are doing.... it will only turn some people against them.

There are plenty of vacancies at Band 5 units, we are screaming out for people... come down and work here. If you're excuse is you like where you live or you like working at your particular unit; then I am afraid I don't have time for peoples whingeing.

There are several people where I work who are dying to move north for various reasons, but we cannot spare them. They know what they would be paid if they moved; they think it is a fair pay.

The banding, although not 100% accurate, is a pretty good system. The 3 Band 5 controlling units are Band 5 for a reason, particularly Swanwick and TC.