PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett at midnight and the '89ers
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2002, 08:01
Waste Gate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I object to the posts by people who admit they had nothing to do with the events of 89 - yet exhort the actors to 'get over it'.. .. .Only the actors understand the depths of the feelings generated during the dispute and it's aftermath.. .. .It is simplistic and disingenuous of outsiders to presume to understand the time and appropriateness of the healing processes experienced by the actors.. .. .While I respect the view that outsiders don't need to have the dispute rammed down their throats constantly - it does seem odd to me that we have engaged in selective gag-orders. The readers of this forum CHOOSE to open and read the various posts. They cannot claim that certain views and opinions have fallen like manna from the heavens to assault them in their houses. The chose to open and read the particular threads.. .. .What issue will be next for the thought police to shut down?. .. .Several posters here have claimed that their entire knowledge of the events in 89 has been drawn in subsequent years from posts here. This runs counter to claims recently made that it was pointless, futile and "annoying" to read people trying to explain the events. It was posited that, 'everyone knew what happened and has already made up their mind so there is no value in continuing to raise the matter of the 89 dispute on PPRuNe'. These two versions of the right for 89 discussions to continue on PPRuNe are contradictory. The one thing certain is it will act to ensure the younger generation is denied the information that might shine a light on the behaviour of certain portions of the older generation.