PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett at midnight and the '89ers
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2002, 00:22
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks Woomera - IF only PPRuNe had been around back then, one can only wonder whether it would have changed the course of events, if even only slightly. . .The opportunity for the exchange and interchange of ideas presented by the Internet, and in particular this website for professional pilots is undoubtedly extraordinarily advantageous to us, when used with discretion.. .. .As with many of you, I too am sick of the "same old, same old" wrt 1989, from both sides. On my side of the fence we didn't need to justify our stand, however as ordinary Australians we felt persecuted and punished for sticking to our guns over issues that have subsequently - 12 1/2 years on - remained unresolved.. .It's not called "excess baggage", as many on the other side would try to have you believe, it's called maintaining a principle albeit a moral and ethical one - a commodity fast disappearing in today's "instant self-gratification" society.. .Lightly gained is lightly valued, something cited to me when I was doing my gold Duke of Edinburgh Award eons ago.. .. .Having also been subject to the kelly Gang's moderating, I have appreciated the extra slack that you have cut us in allowing some posts to run a sometimes dubious path, but allowing both sides far more freedom of expression and vocab than had been previously permitted. I believe it allowed fuller arguments to those interested in pursuing it farther - and caused added chagrin to those who are "drawn" to the '89 posts because of their repugnance of the subject.. .. .24 hours to PPRuNe Pumpkin Time.. .. .Thanks again for the opportunities past, and future, Woomera, to discuss "that year". Hopefully should a similar situation ever present again in Australia, there has been enough discussion on this forum to indicate that the greedy, self-serving actions of a minority are NOT acceptable in Australia - even in the 21st Century!. .. .Farewell Ansett, and may the many positions created by its disappearance be filled by people who are able to work in harmony WITH their co-workers, rather than loners who see their peers as potential doormats, to be stepped upon or over at the earliest opportunity!!. .. .Sui Generis.