PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Rumour
Thread: CAA Rumour
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 14:29
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But....at the moment to cram all that info into your head and then sit through the CAA "guess the right answer to our english exam questions and tests of wit" in 4 - 5 attempts!!! I don't know, seems FAA may be the way to go.
Your the only one with the answer and if you plan on your flying Career/Hobby to be solely in South Africa your going to have to hunker down and accomplish the project. FAA license would just be a problem there.
Sometimes I see a situation where if one did a couple things better it would work. I recently watched a friend of mine who has been flying for many years, go through the hoops for his Commercial helicopter rating. It was not pleasant and nor was he until the last exam was passed.
As a working person its difficult at best. Try some things differently, get into some groups who are all studying the same subject. Get notes and advice from some who have recently done the exams. Some schools have "study Guides" It can be done by phone in person (not at a pub) or on the internet. Others may help you through a brain fart and likewise. Also when your on a subject dont put it away for a week or so. Thats called one foot forward, two feet back. You will have to re study a lot of material. Make all your spare time go into the subject until your ready to go to CAA and play multiple guess.
Above all keep moving forward, every exam you pass will give you more encouragement.........
As I always say I liked the Air Law exam so much, I did it twice........